Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Swims and Rounds (swings and roundabouts)


So after a brilliant anniversary weekend with the wonderful Stephanie (@yougrowwilds), I'm waiting.  But the wait has been interesting and not entirely without its highpoints.


The weekend was really good, we went out to dinner and saw the fireworks on Saturday, and on Sunday we went to the Roman Baths, in Bath.  A more interesting museum I have never found!  It really is amazing being able to go just a few meters beneath the city streets and find the unspoilt remains of the preserved Roman architecture.  You can even see the markings on the stone, almost as clear as they would have been at the time.   The image below inspired me in two ways:
  1. If that writing, some scribbles in a bit of stone, can last the thousands of years it has been buried under the ground, then we can last a couple of years together whilst living apart.
  2. To be able to read such a fantastically preserved thing would be amazing, so I am now trying to teach myself Latin.  The ultimate goal is to be able to read the book I bought.  "Harrius Potter et Philosophi Lapis", however right now, all I can manage is "Ego non sum et agricole et nauta".  But I can swim, and plant flowers...
The other good thing happening this week is Battlefield 3.  I am now fully internet enabled, and playing the most graphically stunning game I have ever encountered.  This game really puts CoD: Modern Warfare 3 to shame.


Although, I am about as useful in one of the aircraft as a fart in a lift!  Plenty of time to learn though.

No comments:

Post a Comment